After many years as a mission of Arichat and L’Ardoise, St. John the Baptist Parish was established on August 8th, 1869. At that time there were approximately 900 inhabitants in River Bourgeois.
In the 1950’s Fr. Flavian Samson was the parish Priest and built a new Glebe House and converted the old glebe into a convent for the Filles De Jesus nuns who taught at the new consolidated school.
Our last parish priest Fr. Reginald Currie left in 2006 and since that time we share a priest who resides in the Glebe House in St. Peter’s.
Sundays at 9:00 am
St. John the Baptist Parish
P.O. Box 24, River Bourgeois
Contacts for St. John the Baptist Church:
Harold & Georgie Landry
Contacts for parish cemetery:
Conrad Fougere at or Arthur Bouchard at