Attendance: Rose Merrick, Mark Merrick, Tanya Burke, June Bourque, Carolyn Fougere, Sharon Chilvers, Connie Stewart, Marc Touesnard, Paul Martell, Wayne Bona, Donnie Potties and Kathy Groves (via telephone).
The annual general meeting was called to order by Chairperson, Rose Merrick, at 719 pm.
Mark Merrick moved the approval of the agenda seconded by Sharon Chilvers. Motion carried.
Connie Stewart moved the approval of the last AGM meeting, seconded by Paul Martell. Motion carried.
There was no business arising that wasn’t already dealt with during the year.
a/ Snow ploughing quote from Carl Grimes – Moved by Sharon Chilvers and seconded by Carolyn Fougere that we approved the cost at $185.00 per each snow ploughing, as needed. Motion carried.
b/ Snow shoveling of steps – Moved by Mark Merrick, seconded by Marc Touesnard that Michael Sampson be paid minimum wage to shovel the steps, when needed. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report: Kathy Groves provided a copy of her report.
There was a closing balance -$30,423. It was moved by June Bourque, seconded by Mark Merrrick, to accept the report. Motion carried.
Other Annual Reports:
Chairperson – Rose Merrick presented a verbal report stating that the Society had a super year, especially with the Chase the Ace fund raiser. Everyone did a great job and a lot of extra work, including participating and helping out with other events. Her report was accepted on a motion by Sharon Chilvers, seconded by Carolyn Fougere. Motion carried.
Property Services – Ricky Stone provided a written report on the work of this committee:
1) Landry Bros. installed a new oil tank.
2) Valley Refrigeration came back to update all the heat pumps and do any repairs.
3) Water test was done by the inspector and everything was OK
4) Fire Marshal came in and gave a list of improvements to be made
5) Paul and I addressed these improvements, she returned and said she had no concerns but had a couple of recommendations. They were to install two directional exit signs in the kitchen and to maintain a log for maintenance on fire extinguishers and door closures(anything else that may need maintenance)6) Summer student did his normal duties(painting, repairs to garbage boxes, decks etc, mowing and anything asked of him. He did very well
7) A couple of things that have to be done soon:
-adjustment on door closure in furnace room
-directional signs in kitchen
-tennis court have to come down
garbage box at the rear of the building needs repairs or to be replaced
8) Paul will be taking over as the lead contact for property services and I will help him if he needs it at any time that I can. Ricky Stone
Property Service report approval moved by Sharon Chilvers, seconded by Carolyn Fougere. Motion carried.
Festival Events and Fundraising report: Provided by Sharon Chilvers
Annual Meeting-October 28th, 2020
We began with the continuation of the 2018 Chase the Ace and made $89,525., each for the hall and Youth, less the expenses of the tickets and misc. items. We managed to hold on to the Ace until the final card.
The Cafe was also held each week and made a profit of $15,348. Much work went into these projects and thanks to all who helped.
We immediately went into the Festival and although we scaled down this year for the “lack of energy” we still made a profit of $10,000. An additional $5378. was made from events such as Trivia Nights, three meal caterings and Winterlude dinner.
Non-profit events were also held such as Canada Day, Community Christmas Celebration and Christmas Baskets.
It was a great rewarding year also a bit tiring but thanks to everyone, our financial situation at year end was great.
Sharon and Rose.
Nominating Committee: Election of offices and Board Members for 2021