31 Members present
- President Anne Sampson opened the meeting 1:00 pm
- League prayer read by Sharon Chilvers
- Minutes of the last annual meeting “2018” (no meeting was held in 2019) read by Sharon Chilvers (Secretary Donna Babin absent due to illness). Moved by Sharon Chilvers 2nd by John Digout, Motion carried.
- Treasurer Report for “2020” read by Sharon. Starting balance $2295.53 from 2019, ending balance $3172.80. Increase due to the sale of the furnace and kitchen cupboards. Due to the Covid-19 virus, no activity after March. Sharon moved her report, 2nd by Kim Henebry, Motion carried.
- President Anne Sampson’s report: Anne reported of changes in the building the past year. Building converted to electricity from oil due to cost. Cost paid by RBCSS (own the building), old furnace sold and also cupboard from the kitchen which is being transferred to gym storage, janitor dismissed because of Covid-19, phone cancelled, and only maintained minimum heat. Thanks to all who helped in keeping the building maintained.
Moment of silence for our deceased members: Jane Landry, Adolph Kehoe, Margaret Pottie, Michael Owens, Mary Bona and Viola Touesnard.
Anne announced her retirement after 26 years as President and was grateful for her sidekick Sharon Chilvers for the last 22 years, Secretary Donna Babin and all the members for their understanding and dedication.
Flowers and gift was presented to Anne and a resounding applause for her dedication.
Nominations done by Wayne Bona:
President: John Digout
Secretary: Kim Henebry
Treasurer: Sharon Chilvers
1st Vice: Lucille Boudreau
New Business Suggested that we apply for Solar Panels on the grant from New Horizon for Senior’s
Merchandise Bingo on May 2nd, members asked to assist with prizes.
Present John Digout adjourned the meeting at 1:35