The Seniors 50+ Club was established in 1993 and is an integral part of the community recreation complex that is leased from RBCSS. The club’s building is located beside the Tara Lynne Community Center. The building was once owned by the Historical Society and is now owned by the River Bourgeois Community Service Society.
The mandate of the Club is:
- Advise its members as to the needs and concerns of seniors in River Bourgeois.
- Provide a communication link between senior citizens group, community agencies, and government for the purpose of sharing information, ideas and resources.
- Plan, develop, implement, and promote programs for seniors.
- Provide an advocacy role on behalf of seniors in River Bourgeois respecting their needs and concerns.
There are 96 members and it costs $10 a year for membership.
For more information on the club, please call John Digout at 785-3041
President – John Digout
Treasurer – Sharon Chilvers
Secretary – Kim Henebry
1st Vice – Lucille Boudreau
Property Maintenance – Glynn Chilvers
Events of the Club are:
Cribbage games TBA
Mini Bingo TBA
Gerry’s Music Circle: Hosted by John & Alec Digout, TBA
- Exercise gym is located in the basement and is available to any member.
- Main floor can be rented for meetings, senior’s birthdays, and anniversaries. No alcohol is permitted.
- In May, 2003 the River Bourgeois Seniors 50 + Club initiated the first Richmond County Expo at the Tara Lynne Center. It is a two-day event held yearly and it is strictly for the benefit of the seniors. The Seniors 50+ Club ran the Expo for 5 years. The Expo is now organized by the Municipality of Richmond. The seniors group also hold their major fundraisers such as concert, Bingos etc. at the Tara Lynne Center.